Call for Short Films XV Edition International Festival of University Cinema KINOKI 2019
The KINOKI International University Film Festival, through the Universidad Iberoamericana, and with the support of the Department of Communication:
To university filmmakers, from anywhere in the world, to register their short films in this XV edition of the festival, in term of the following:
I. About the Festival
The KINOKI International University Film Festival has been carried out by students of the Universidad Iberoamericana since 2004 with the aim of creating a space where university students from all over the world can exhibit their film works, competing with each other in different categories. In turn, it seeks to give a meeting and interaction point to people in the national and international film industry.
THE XV EDITION OF THE KINOKI INTERNATIONAL FILM INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL will take place from March 26 to April 3, 2020 at the Iberoamerican University of Mexico City and alternate venues.
II. About the competition Competing categories:
NATIONAL & #8211; Fiction & #8211; Documentary & #8211; Animation & #8211; Experimental.
INTERNATIONAL – Fiction & #8211; Documentary & #8211; Animation & #8211; Experimental.
- Mentions will be made, both national and international, in the following categories: & #8211; BEST ADDRESS & #8211; BEST SCRIPT & #8211; BEST PHOTOGRAPHY & #8211; BEST EDITION & #8211; BEST SOUND DESIGN.
- The call opens on OCTOBER 10, 2019 and the registration deadline is JANUARY 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CDT (Central Time). Mail postmarks will be considered valid within these dates.
a) Mexican and foreign short films will be able to participate, whose realization is run by university students who are doing their studies, or who have finished their degree in a period not exceeding 2 years at the deadline for registration (proof will be requested) .
b) The short films presented must have a maximum duration of 20 minutes with credits included.
c) Short films with languages other than Spanish should be subtitled in Spanish.
d) Short films whose production is after August 1, 2018 may participate.
e) The material must be uploaded to the Festhome platform (https://festhome.com/f/2377) in format .mp4. The file cannot be segmented and must be presented as the only digital file.
f) An email should be sent to [email protected] with the name of the short film in the subject, sending the following documentation:
- Registration form: filled out and signed by the representative of the short film (Only scanned files, not photographs). Available here
- Letter of Authorization filled and signed by hand by the representative of the short film (Only scanned files, not photographs). Available here
- Photo copy of the school card of the representative.
- Photocopy of the official identification of the representative (Passport, INE, VISA, Social security number, identity card of each country, etc.).
g) Once the short film is registered to the platform, its participation cannot be withdrawn and the delivery of documents is required maximum 15 days after your enrollment in Festhome.
IV. About selection and awards:
a) The Selection Committee will be appointed by the Festival Management and will be in charge of the selection and programming of the participating short films.
b) The festival prizes will be specified in dates close to it. The winners of each category will obtain a statuette from the KINOKI 2020 festival. Also in the event that they are able to establish links with other sponsors, each winner will have a prize that runs for the account of the brand or institution that offers such recognition, seeking to support and promote the realization of youth film projects.
to) All the works registered to the festival must have all the corresponding permits and / or authorizations of the owners of the copyright and related rights, including, without limitation: music, script, set design, rights over the voice and / or image of the actors, singers, music performers, etc. Short films that do not attach the registration form and the copyright authorization letter, along with an official identification copy, will not be accepted.
b) The Universidad Iberoamericana and the organizers of the festival do not assume responsibility for the usurpation or affectation of the copyrights and related rights of third parties in the works that register and / or participate in it. In case of any controversy with third parties for these reasons, the producers, or any person whose signature is the one presented in the form of registration and copyright authorization letter, will assume legal responsibility, so they undertake to demarcate the Universidad Iberoamericana, its officials, employees and / or service providers, as well as the organizers of the Festival.
c) The Universidad Iberoamericana reserves the right to admit a short film in case it breaks any national or international law in the case of foreign short films.
d) The selected short films will become part of the KINOKI video library of the Department of Communication of the Iberoamerican University for educational and non-profit purposes.
and) When a short film is selected, we can make partial use of it (fragments of no more than 30 seconds) as promotional content for social networks and / or venues of the XIV edition of the festival. This in order to promote the content of the selected university filmmakers. This could be in the form of a trailer, stills or any type of promotional content of the festival.
F) The KINOKI International University Film Festival gives registered filmmakers the possibility of taking their short films to other audiences and festivals with which we have an agreement. All registered short films may have the opportunity to be selected. Those filmmakers selected will be notified via email in order to start the corresponding process, if they wish.
g) Participation in the International KINOKI University Film Festival 2020 implies acceptance of these bases. The Organizing Committee of the Festival reserves the right to make decisions on matters not covered in these bases.
h) The festival does not receive any monetary gain or compensation of any kind from Festhome for the registration of short films.
Contact: [email protected] | www.kinoki.mx | Fb: Kinoki Film Festival
15th KINOKI – International Film Festival 2020
CALL FOR ENTRIES
- The KINOKI International Film Festival is proud to announce that our 2020 call for entries is officially open and invites university students from all over the world to submit their short films and participate in the 15th edition of the festival.
- KINOKI International Film Festival is organized and produced by students from Universidad Iberoamericana (IBERO) Mexico City Campus since 2004 with the goal of creating an environment where students around the world could have the possibility to expose their film works, while competing in different categories. Likewise, we look forward into offering a place of interaction where national and international filmmakers can create a strong and passionate film community.
- THE 15TH EDITION OF THE KINOKI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL will be celebrated from March 26th - April 3th, 2020, at the Universidad Iberoamericana (IBERO) Mexico City Campus and alternate locations.
- Competition Categories:
National (Mexico): Fiction - Documentary - Animation - Experimental
International: Fiction - Documentary - Animation - Experimental
- There will be national and international mentions in the following categories: -
BEST DIRECTION - BEST SCRIPT– BEST PHOTOGRAPHY - BEST EDITING -
BEST SOUND DESIGN
- Call for entries opens October 10th, 2019 and closes January 28th, 2020 at 23:59
hours (CST -6: 00). Postmarks of delivery with this date will be considered valid.
a) We are accepting foreign and national short films which production has been
carried out by university students currently studying or, at the most, have
finished their studies in a time frame no longer than 2 years. (Proof of studies
will be requested).
b) Maximum duration of 20 minutes including credits.
c) Non-Spanish short films must be subtitled to Spanish or English.
d) Only short films completed after August 1, 2018 are valid for inscription.
e) Short films must be uploaded to the Festhome platform
(https://festhome.com/f/2377) with .mp4 format. The file cannot be segmented
and must be shown as one digital file.
f) An email must be sent to [email protected] with the name of
the short film as the subject, attaching the next documents:
- Inscription Form printed, filled and signed by the registered author of the short film (only scanned documents will be accepted, no photographs) Available here
- Authorization Letter printed, filled and signed by the registered author of the short film (only scanned documents will be accepted, no photographs) Available here
- Scanned copy of Student ID from the registered author.
- Scanned copy of Official ID from the registered author (passport, visa or your country's ID card).
g) Once the short film is uploaded to Festhome, it cannot be withdrawn and the documents must be delivered maximum 15 days after the inscription.
h) The Selection Committee will be named by the Festival Direction and will have under its charge the selection and programming of the participating short films.
i) The prizes will be specified near the dates of the event. The winners of each category will obtain a statuette from the 2020 KINOKI International Film Festival. Furthermore, if links are established with other sponsors, each winner will get an
award from the brand or institution that will offer said recognition, in order to keep our
goal of promoting and supporting student cinematographic production.
a) Every work submitted to the Festival must count with all of the pertinent permits
and authorizations from the titleholders of copyright and related, including without
limitation: music, script, set design, actors' voice and / or image rights, singers, music
performers, etc. Short films that do not attach the inscription form as well as the
copyright authorization letter form alongside a copy of an official identification will not
b) The Universidad Iberoamericana and the Festival organizers assume no
responsibility for the misappropriation or affectation of copyright and related rights
belonging to third parties in the works who are registered and / or participate in the
Festival. In case of any controversy with third parties for these reasons, the
producers, or any person whose signature is presented in the inscription form and
copyright authorization form, will assume the legal liability, for which they commit to
demarcate the Universidad Iberoamericana, its officials in charge, employees and
service providers, as well as the Festival organizers.
c) The Universidad Iberoamericana reserves the right to admit a short film in case it
breaks any law of national or international nature.
d) The selected short films will enter the KINOKI Library of the Communication
Department of the Universidad Iberoamericana for educational purposes, non-profit.
e) If your short film is selected, we can make partial use of it (30 seconds segments
max.) as part of our promotional campaigns on social networks and / or alternate
locations. This could be as a trailer, stills or any form of promotional content of the
f) KINOKI International Film Festival gives the registered filmmakers the opportunity
to take their works to other audiences and festivals with whom we have partnership.
All the short film entries will have the opportunity to be selected. We will notify the
selected filmmakers by email.
g) Participation in the 2020 KINOKI International Film Festival implies the
acceptation of these bases. The Organizing Committee of the KINOKI Film Festival
book the right of making decisions over the subjects not discussed in these bases.
h) The festival does not receive any profit nor monetary retribution from Festhome
for the registration of short films.
Contact: [email protected] | www.kinoki.mx | Fb: Kinoki Film Festival